Our Inflation-Plus Income model portfolio was developed to offer you a potential solution to the inconsistency and volatility that can negatively affect a traditional income-focused portfolio.
Potential Benefit: Consistent Income that Keeps Up with Inflation
While we utilize low-cost investments for the majority of our traditional fixed income market exposure, what makes our Inflation-Plus Income model different is our use of alternative investment strategies. Our goal is to provide a more consistent stream of portfolio income, above the rate of inflation, that can allow you to take the income from the account on a monthly basis.
Our Inflation-Plus Income model typically utilizes the following:
- Low-cost investments for general fixed income market exposure
- Floating-Rate and Senior-Secured Loan investments that can offer higher income than traditional bond strategies and can also potentially provide principal protection if interest rates increase
- Covered Call or Buy-Write strategies that seek to generate higher income from selling options while holding a diversified basket of stocks
- Long/Short Equity strategies to attempt to dampen the large swings that can occur in the stock market
- Commodity strategies that can invest in almost any market around the globe and seek to profit from both up and down trends in these areas
- 10% tactical weighting that seeks to take advantage of higher-yielding areas of the stock or bond markets